Putin`s popularity among Russians grows: Poll
Moscow: Electoral ratings of Russian President Vladimir Putin have grown to 55 percent returning to 2010 levels, according to a pollster on Thursday.
The Public Opinion Foundation said Putin`s ratings hit 56 percent in the second half of 2010, but dropped to 43 percent in 2011, and gradually rose to 54 percent on the eve of the March 04 Presidential Elections.
Putin won a landslide victory at the elections and will rule Russia for at least six years in tandem with Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev.
The ratings of the ruling United Russia party grew to 47 percent in contrast with December 2011 when they dropped to 30 percent during general elections.
The poll was conducted by the foundation among 3,000 respondents in 64 regions of Russia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?