Putin`s popularity among Russians grows: Poll
Moscow: Electoral ratings of Russian President Vladimir Putin have grown to 55 percent returning to 2010 levels, according to a pollster on Thursday.
The Public Opinion Foundation said Putin`s ratings hit 56 percent in the second half of 2010, but dropped to 43 percent in 2011, and gradually rose to 54 percent on the eve of the March 04 Presidential Elections.
Putin won a landslide victory at the elections and will rule Russia for at least six years in tandem with Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev.
The ratings of the ruling United Russia party grew to 47 percent in contrast with December 2011 when they dropped to 30 percent during general elections.
The poll was conducted by the foundation among 3,000 respondents in 64 regions of Russia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender