`Qaeda American spokesman urges attacks in West`
Dubai: Al Qaeda`s American spokesman, Adam Gadahn, has urged fellow Muslims in the West to carry out attacks in the "Zio-Crusader coalition" states, SITE Intelligence Group said on Saturday.
"To my Muslim brothers residing in the states of the Zio-Crusader coalition ... know that Jihad (holy war) is your duty as well," Gadahn said on a video, excerpts of which were provided by the US monitoring group.
He addressed Muslims in "emigrant communities like those which live on the margins of society in the miserable suburbs of Paris, London and Detroit, or are from those arriving in America or Europe to study in its universities or seek their daily bread in the streets of its cities," SITE said.
"You have an opportunity to strike the leaders of unbelief and retaliate against them on their own soil, as long as there is no covenant between you and them," he added in the 48 minute, 20 second video, produced by al Qaeda media arm, As-Sahab.
Gadahn, also known as Azzam the American, was born in 1978. He is a native of southern California and has appeared in several videotapes for al Qaeda since 2004.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan