Qaeda magazine offers beauty tips, bombing advice
London: Al Qaeda has launched a magazine for women that not only offers beauty and fashion tips but also gives advice on suicide bombings.
The front cover of the glossy magazine, called `Jihad Cosmo`, features the barrel of a sub-machine gun next to a picture of a woman in a veil, reports the Daily Mail.
There are exclusive interviews with martyrs` wives, who praise their husbands` decisions to die in suicide attacks.
The slick, 31-page Al-Shamikha magazine - meaning The Majestic Woman - has advice for singletons on ``marrying a mujahideen``.
Readers are told it is their duty to raise children to be mujahideen ready for jihad.
And the ``beauty column`` instructs women to stay indoors with their faces covered to keep a ``clear complexion``.
They should ``not go out except when necessary`` and wear a niqab for ``rewards by complying with the command of Allah Almighty``.
And another article urges readers to give their lives for the Islamist cause.
It advises: ``From martyrdom, the believer will gain security, safety and happiness.``
More traditional content for a women’s magazine includes features on the merits of honey facemasks, etiquette, first aid and why readers should avoid ``towelling too forcibly``.
The first issue’s editorial explains that the magazine’s goal is to educate women and involve them in the war against the enemies of Islam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest