‘Qaeda suicide bombers carrying explosives in stomach’
London: Al Qaeda has developed new explosive devices that enable suicide bombers carry them hidden in stomach to breach airline security measures, media reported on Sunday.
An al Qaeda militant passed through several airline security checks with a bomb hidden in his intestine and made an abortive bid to assassinate a prominent Saudi prince, The Sunday Telegraph reported.
"While not wanting to be alarmist, I admit this is alarming," Richard Barrett, head of the United Nations’ al Qaeda and Taliban monitoring group was quoted as saying.
"Even though its capability is reduced, it is clear that al Qaeda remains determined enough and inventive enough to cause another terrorist spectacular."
Addressing the Washington Institute for Near East Policy, Barrett said the organisation`s power to sow terror was far from eliminated, and described how its use of a well-known drug smugglers` technique had already breached airline security.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you