Qantas cancels Australian flights due to strike
Sydney: Qantas Airways says it is cancelling and delaying dozens of flights because of a strike by its ground workers and engineers.
The Australian carrier says 8,500 domestic and international passengers will have their flights disrupted by Friday`s strikes. Qantas says 39 flights will be delayed and two flights cancelled.
The one-hour strikes by both the Australian Licenced Aircraft Engineers Association and the Transport Workers Union are the second in as many weeks. The unions are fighting the airline over pay and work conditions.
Qantas says more than 25,000 passengers have been affected by the unions` industrial action over the past month.
Earlier this week, thousands of international travellers faced delays in Australia because of a strike by customs workers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- DNA: Why no voice is being raised in favour of Kashmiri Pandits?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city