Qantas cancels Australian flights due to strike
Sydney: Qantas Airways says it is cancelling and delaying dozens of flights because of a strike by its ground workers and engineers.
The Australian carrier says 8,500 domestic and international passengers will have their flights disrupted by Friday`s strikes. Qantas says 39 flights will be delayed and two flights cancelled.
The one-hour strikes by both the Australian Licenced Aircraft Engineers Association and the Transport Workers Union are the second in as many weeks. The unions are fighting the airline over pay and work conditions.
Qantas says more than 25,000 passengers have been affected by the unions` industrial action over the past month.
Earlier this week, thousands of international travellers faced delays in Australia because of a strike by customs workers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog