Qantas engine suffers another ‘low engine failure’
Sydney: Qantas Flight QF11 failed to take off to Los Angeles on Saturday after one of its engines suffered a complete failure. There were 344 passengers onboard.
News.com.au quoted passengers as saying that they heard a “loud bang" and later noticed black smoke coming out of the damaged engine.
The captain then reportedly announced over the intercom that the engine was completely damaged.
A Qantas spokeswoman said the plane was cleared for take-off when its engine failed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony