Qantas engine suffers another ‘low engine failure’
Sydney: Qantas Flight QF11 failed to take off to Los Angeles on Saturday after one of its engines suffered a complete failure. There were 344 passengers onboard.
News.com.au quoted passengers as saying that they heard a “loud bang" and later noticed black smoke coming out of the damaged engine.
The captain then reportedly announced over the intercom that the engine was completely damaged.
A Qantas spokeswoman said the plane was cleared for take-off when its engine failed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown