Qantas flight turns back after engine problems
Melbourne: An Australian airliner Qantas
flight from Perth to Newman was forced to turn back Monday due to engine problems.
According to ABC, passengers described hearing a bang not
long after takeoff this morning at 05:30 am local time.
There were 116 passengers on board QF 1820 and one of
those on the flight, Tim Williams, described what happened.
"Just shortly after take off, we did experience a bit of
a bang, we heard and felt it as well, not long after that we
dropped a little bit in altitude and we did notice just a
little bit of instability in the plane in the flight," he
"Then obviously the captain came on line and told us that
you know there`s a bit of a problem with the left engine and
that we would be returning to Perth", Williams added.
A Qantas spokeswoman Olivia Wirth said engine one on the
Boeing 717 had to be shut down about 15 minutes into the
"The report from the Qantas pilot has indicated that
there was a bang which led to the shutdown of the engine which
is line with procedures and the aircraft returned to the airport safely," she said.
"The engineers are currently assessing the engine to
determine exactly what the nature of that bang was.
The flight returned to Perth and landed safely.
Qantas has chartered a new plane which will leave for
Newman this afternoon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- India Couture Week: Anita Dongre brings couture for 'bride on the go'
- Pakistan taking unpleasant interest in imposing upon India their vicious motives: Khurshid
- Soon, share all kinds of files on WhatsApp; get better authentication feature
- Plea seeks imposition of Governor's rule in J&K; SC to hear matter next week
- Asthma breakthrough? Scientists find novel way to prevent the disease!