Qantas flight turns back after engine problems
Melbourne: An Australian airliner Qantas
flight from Perth to Newman was forced to turn back Monday due to engine problems.
According to ABC, passengers described hearing a bang not
long after takeoff this morning at 05:30 am local time.
There were 116 passengers on board QF 1820 and one of
those on the flight, Tim Williams, described what happened.
"Just shortly after take off, we did experience a bit of
a bang, we heard and felt it as well, not long after that we
dropped a little bit in altitude and we did notice just a
little bit of instability in the plane in the flight," he
"Then obviously the captain came on line and told us that
you know there`s a bit of a problem with the left engine and
that we would be returning to Perth", Williams added.
A Qantas spokeswoman Olivia Wirth said engine one on the
Boeing 717 had to be shut down about 15 minutes into the
"The report from the Qantas pilot has indicated that
there was a bang which led to the shutdown of the engine which
is line with procedures and the aircraft returned to the airport safely," she said.
"The engineers are currently assessing the engine to
determine exactly what the nature of that bang was.
The flight returned to Perth and landed safely.
Qantas has chartered a new plane which will leave for
Newman this afternoon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price