Qantas staff restrain passenger after death threats
Melbourne: A passenger, apparently an
Israeli, on board Australian carrier Qantas restrained by
cabin crew after he reportedly threatened to kill fellow
passengers during a flight from here to Hong Kong overnight.
The airline confirmed a passenger "became disruptive"
at some point during QF29`s flight between Melbourne and Hong
Kong, according to media reports here today.
A spokeswoman as per reports was unable to confirm
reports of if the man was praying before he threatened to kill
himself and told other passengers "You will all die."
However, an Australian passenger, Helen, said another
woman on the flight told her a man, whom she believed was
praying in Hebrew, suddenly started shouting "I`m going to
kill myself, you are all going to die, it will be God`s will,
what will be will be, I`m going to open the door."
"The crew were fantastic, the boys held him down and
subdued him and one of the female crew cuffed him," Helen
wrote in an email.
A crew member told Helen the man "tried to bring the
plane down" and was "extremely aggressive".
She said she had never needed to use handcuffs during
her 15 years of flying.
Qantas crew handed the man over to Hong Kong
authorities when the plane landed, the spokeswoman said.
All the 280 passengers were safe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it