Qatar: 19 killed in mall fire
Doha: At least 19 people, including 13 children, were killed and 17 others wounded in a fire at a shopping mall here in the Qatar capital, Xinhua reported.
An official from the Interior Ministry said that among the dead, four were teachers, while another two were security personnel. Among the wounded, four were children.
According to an official from the Spanish Foreign Ministry in Madrid, four of the dead children were Spanish.
Videos posted online showed black smoke rising from the shopping mall.
The mall is popular among the expatriate community in the oil-rich Gulf country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak