Qatar: 19 killed in mall fire
Doha: At least 19 people, including 13 children, were killed and 17 others wounded in a fire at a shopping mall here in the Qatar capital, Xinhua reported.
An official from the Interior Ministry said that among the dead, four were teachers, while another two were security personnel. Among the wounded, four were children.
According to an official from the Spanish Foreign Ministry in Madrid, four of the dead children were Spanish.
Videos posted online showed black smoke rising from the shopping mall.
The mall is popular among the expatriate community in the oil-rich Gulf country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Help me, I want to live: 11-year-old boy appeals to PM Modi
- Just found! Huge stash of ancient Helium in Africa's rift valley
- Not Ravi Shastri, but this man was Anil Kumble's biggest challenger for coaching job
- Euro 2016: Italy's 2-0 win shows Spain's golden era gone for good
- Rio Olympics 2016: Simona Halep too could pull out of event because of Zika fears