Qatar: 19 killed in mall fire
Doha: At least 19 people, including 13 children, were killed and 17 others wounded in a fire at a shopping mall here in the Qatar capital, Xinhua reported.
An official from the Interior Ministry said that among the dead, four were teachers, while another two were security personnel. Among the wounded, four were children.
According to an official from the Spanish Foreign Ministry in Madrid, four of the dead children were Spanish.
Videos posted online showed black smoke rising from the shopping mall.
The mall is popular among the expatriate community in the oil-rich Gulf country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!