Qatar Airways captain dies on Manila-Doha flight
Doha: The captain of a Qatar Airways
flight from the Philippines to Qatar on Wednesday died as it was in
the air, forcing the plane to be diverted to the Malaysian
capital Kuala Lumpur, the carrier said.
"Qatar Airways regrets to inform that the captain of
Flight QR645, operating from Manila to Doha, passed away on
board," the airline said in an emailed statement.
Qatar Airways said the flight was diverted to Kuala
Lumpur, where a new crew boarded.
The flight "is due to land at Doha International
Airport later today," the statement said, without providing
The airline declined to elaborate on the cause of
death or release the name of the deceased pilot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal