Qatar Airways captain dies on Manila-Doha flight
Doha: The captain of a Qatar Airways
flight from the Philippines to Qatar on Wednesday died as it was in
the air, forcing the plane to be diverted to the Malaysian
capital Kuala Lumpur, the carrier said.
"Qatar Airways regrets to inform that the captain of
Flight QR645, operating from Manila to Doha, passed away on
board," the airline said in an emailed statement.
Qatar Airways said the flight was diverted to Kuala
Lumpur, where a new crew boarded.
The flight "is due to land at Doha International
Airport later today," the statement said, without providing
The airline declined to elaborate on the cause of
death or release the name of the deceased pilot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh