Qatar Airways captain dies on Manila-Doha flight
Doha: The captain of a Qatar Airways
flight from the Philippines to Qatar on Wednesday died as it was in
the air, forcing the plane to be diverted to the Malaysian
capital Kuala Lumpur, the carrier said.
"Qatar Airways regrets to inform that the captain of
Flight QR645, operating from Manila to Doha, passed away on
board," the airline said in an emailed statement.
Qatar Airways said the flight was diverted to Kuala
Lumpur, where a new crew boarded.
The flight "is due to land at Doha International
Airport later today," the statement said, without providing
The airline declined to elaborate on the cause of
death or release the name of the deceased pilot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal