Qatar Airways captain dies on Manila-Doha flight
Doha: The captain of a Qatar Airways
flight from the Philippines to Qatar on Wednesday died as it was in
the air, forcing the plane to be diverted to the Malaysian
capital Kuala Lumpur, the carrier said.
"Qatar Airways regrets to inform that the captain of
Flight QR645, operating from Manila to Doha, passed away on
board," the airline said in an emailed statement.
Qatar Airways said the flight was diverted to Kuala
Lumpur, where a new crew boarded.
The flight "is due to land at Doha International
Airport later today," the statement said, without providing
The airline declined to elaborate on the cause of
death or release the name of the deceased pilot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?