Qatar Airways captain dies on Manila-Doha flight
Doha: The captain of a Qatar Airways
flight from the Philippines to Qatar on Wednesday died as it was in
the air, forcing the plane to be diverted to the Malaysian
capital Kuala Lumpur, the carrier said.
"Qatar Airways regrets to inform that the captain of
Flight QR645, operating from Manila to Doha, passed away on
board," the airline said in an emailed statement.
Qatar Airways said the flight was diverted to Kuala
Lumpur, where a new crew boarded.
The flight "is due to land at Doha International
Airport later today," the statement said, without providing
The airline declined to elaborate on the cause of
death or release the name of the deceased pilot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video