Qatar has one of the lowest crime rates in the world
Dubai: Qatar has one of the lowest crime
rates in the world, with an average of 0.5 murders per 100,000
people, according to figures released by the country`s general
secretariat of the state cabinet.
As against the world average of four, the rate of murder
is barely 0.5 per 100,000 people in Qatar while the rate of
burglaries is 25 per 100,000 inhabitants, compared to a world
average of 100.
The rates of other crimes like kidnapping, assaults and
arson are also low, with a collective rate of five per 100,000
people while the world average is eight per 100,000
inhabitants, a report in the local The Peninsula daily quoting
the department figures said.
Qatar has recently set up a force called Al Faza to
maintain vigil on roads and residential areas on a 24-hour
basis and provide instant help and prevents crimes.
The force has 142 patrol cars to carry out its duty.
A total of 8,527 people were rounded up in 2008 for
violating residence permit (RP) rules and 6,610 were deported.
The authorities said they identified 5,269 companies for
failing to stamp or renew work visas for their employees in
Under the Qatari law, employers are fined for
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city