Qatar has one of the lowest crime rates in the world
Dubai: Qatar has one of the lowest crime
rates in the world, with an average of 0.5 murders per 100,000
people, according to figures released by the country`s general
secretariat of the state cabinet.
As against the world average of four, the rate of murder
is barely 0.5 per 100,000 people in Qatar while the rate of
burglaries is 25 per 100,000 inhabitants, compared to a world
average of 100.
The rates of other crimes like kidnapping, assaults and
arson are also low, with a collective rate of five per 100,000
people while the world average is eight per 100,000
inhabitants, a report in the local The Peninsula daily quoting
the department figures said.
Qatar has recently set up a force called Al Faza to
maintain vigil on roads and residential areas on a 24-hour
basis and provide instant help and prevents crimes.
The force has 142 patrol cars to carry out its duty.
A total of 8,527 people were rounded up in 2008 for
violating residence permit (RP) rules and 6,610 were deported.
The authorities said they identified 5,269 companies for
failing to stamp or renew work visas for their employees in
Under the Qatari law, employers are fined for
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Xiaomi MIUI 8 ROM starts rolling out: Know which phones in India will get the update
- Denied help by hospital authorities, Odisha man walks 10-km carrying wife's dead body; WATCH
- Salman Khan's fan trolled, criticised Yogeshwar Dutt after he was out of Olympics. Here's his FITTING reply
- Setback for NSUI as ABVP wins big in student union polls in Rajasthan
- North Korea leader says missile test `greatest success`