Qatar has one of the lowest crime rates in the world
Dubai: Qatar has one of the lowest crime
rates in the world, with an average of 0.5 murders per 100,000
people, according to figures released by the country`s general
secretariat of the state cabinet.
As against the world average of four, the rate of murder
is barely 0.5 per 100,000 people in Qatar while the rate of
burglaries is 25 per 100,000 inhabitants, compared to a world
average of 100.
The rates of other crimes like kidnapping, assaults and
arson are also low, with a collective rate of five per 100,000
people while the world average is eight per 100,000
inhabitants, a report in the local The Peninsula daily quoting
the department figures said.
Qatar has recently set up a force called Al Faza to
maintain vigil on roads and residential areas on a 24-hour
basis and provide instant help and prevents crimes.
The force has 142 patrol cars to carry out its duty.
A total of 8,527 people were rounded up in 2008 for
violating residence permit (RP) rules and 6,610 were deported.
The authorities said they identified 5,269 companies for
failing to stamp or renew work visas for their employees in
Under the Qatari law, employers are fined for
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured