Qatar rejects Egypt dominance claims as `silly jokes`
Manama: Qatar`s Prime Minister Shaikh Hamad Bin Jassem Al Thani has dismissed claims that his country was seeking to dominate Egypt`s politics and economy as "silly jokes”.
Qatar announced that it would double its financial aid to Egypt to a total of USD five billion in grants and bank deposits.
Addressing a press conference in Cairo after the announcement, Al Thani said that his country respected all countries, regardless of their size, and did not interfere in their domestic affairs.
According to Gulf News, Al Thani said he `considers the comments about a Qatari dominance of Egypt as a joke, but it is a silly one because Egypt with its great human and economic assets and potentials cannot be dominated by any other country.`
He added that Qatar wants to see an economically and politically strong and stable Egypt.
According to the report, Shaikh Hamad, the Qatar`s foreign minister, also said that the issue of an alleged Qatari dominance was a politically motivated domestic matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing