Qatar rejects Egypt dominance claims as `silly jokes`
Manama: Qatar`s Prime Minister Shaikh Hamad Bin Jassem Al Thani has dismissed claims that his country was seeking to dominate Egypt`s politics and economy as "silly jokes”.
Qatar announced that it would double its financial aid to Egypt to a total of USD five billion in grants and bank deposits.
Addressing a press conference in Cairo after the announcement, Al Thani said that his country respected all countries, regardless of their size, and did not interfere in their domestic affairs.
According to Gulf News, Al Thani said he `considers the comments about a Qatari dominance of Egypt as a joke, but it is a silly one because Egypt with its great human and economic assets and potentials cannot be dominated by any other country.`
He added that Qatar wants to see an economically and politically strong and stable Egypt.
According to the report, Shaikh Hamad, the Qatar`s foreign minister, also said that the issue of an alleged Qatari dominance was a politically motivated domestic matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Germany's top immigration officer anticipates 300,000 refugees in 2016
- Wow! Soon you may find a robot greeting you at HDFC Bank
- Half of states expected to ratify GST by early September
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers