Quake hits Argentina, no casualty reported
Washington: A moderate earthquake measuring 5.4 on the Richter scale shook the western Argentina on Monday, the US Geological Survey said.
The tremor occurred at 5:29 am (0829 GMT) at a depth of 14.1 kilometers (8.8 miles), said the USGS, which monitors earthquakes worldwide.
The quake epicenter was in the eastern foothills of the Andes 29 kilometers (18 miles) southeast of the city of Mendoza, or 930 kilometers (577 miles) west of the capital Buenos Aires, USGS reported.
There were no early reports of damages or casualties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars