Quake hits Argentina, no casualty reported
Washington: A moderate earthquake measuring 5.4 on the Richter scale shook the western Argentina on Monday, the US Geological Survey said.
The tremor occurred at 5:29 am (0829 GMT) at a depth of 14.1 kilometers (8.8 miles), said the USGS, which monitors earthquakes worldwide.
The quake epicenter was in the eastern foothills of the Andes 29 kilometers (18 miles) southeast of the city of Mendoza, or 930 kilometers (577 miles) west of the capital Buenos Aires, USGS reported.
There were no early reports of damages or casualties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report