Quake hits Japan, no tsunami alert issued
Tokyo: A moderate earthquake measuring 5.9 on the Richter scale hit sea off Japan`s Fukushima prefecture on the Honshu island on Sunday, said Japan Meteorological Agency (JMA).
The epicentre of the temblor, which struck at 11.04 pm (local time), was initially determined at 37.1 degrees north latitude, 141.3 degrees east longitude with a depth of 50 km, Xinhua reported.
Though tremors were felt in Tokyo, no alert for tsunami was issued.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested