Quake hits Japan, no tsunami alert issued
Tokyo: A moderate earthquake measuring 5.9 on the Richter scale hit sea off Japan`s Fukushima prefecture on the Honshu island on Sunday, said Japan Meteorological Agency (JMA).
The epicentre of the temblor, which struck at 11.04 pm (local time), was initially determined at 37.1 degrees north latitude, 141.3 degrees east longitude with a depth of 50 km, Xinhua reported.
Though tremors were felt in Tokyo, no alert for tsunami was issued.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends