Queen celebrates royal baby`s birth with free champagne for all staff
London: The Queen is so thrilled to have her-great-grandson that she treated her staff at Buckingham Palace with a celebratory glass of champagne on Friday.
She held champagne parties at three of her residences, which also includes Windsor Castle and Holyrood Palace, Her Majesty`s official Scottish residence in Edinburgh, the Daily Express reported.
According to the Palace invitation, staff could enjoy a "glass of champagne" to celebrate the "royal birth" in the dining room between 11.30am and 1.30pm.
They were told to gather in The Undercroft between noon and 2pm at Windsor Castle, while the staff at Holyrood in the coffee shop and Abbey Strand.
One courtier told the publication that the Queen was on Cloud Nine at the moment and wanted to share her happiness with her hard-working staff, so the obvious thing to do was to get out the champers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31