Queen cutting costs, British royals take cabs to travel around
London: Member of the British royal family, including Prince Harry, are using black taxis to travel to unofficial engagements instead of expensive fleet cars as the Queen is on a cost-cutting spree.
Minor royals Viscount Linley and Lady Sarah Chatto regularly book Dial-a-Cab taxis. Now financial advisers have devised plans for more senior royals to use the cabs wherever possible, including Prince Harry and Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie, reports dailymail.co.uk.
Members of the Royal household staff, meanwhile, are being encouraged to use public transport or even walk to official events or meetings instead of using cabs.
"Chelsy Davy, Viscount Linley and Lady Sarah Chatto have all used the Dial-a-Cab service and this is a cost-cutting measure. Viscount Linley is a great fan of black cabs, particularly those with the fake walnut interior, and Chelsy Davy has often called upon a cab to help her out," a source said.
"Prince Harry, Princess Beatrice and Eugenie are all being urged to use the service whenever it`s deemed possible. Royal protection officers are not worried about the security implications as black cabs are viewed as an excellent way to uphold anonymity."
The Queen is well aware that cost-cutting measures need to be made, especially as her subjects are battling through lean times.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly