Queen Elizabeth II becomes great grandmother
London: Queen Elizabeth was delighted with the birth of her first great-grandchild, Buckingham Palace said on Thursday.
Autumn Phillips, wife of the queen`s grandson, Peter Phillips, gave birth to a baby girl on Wednesday, the palace said. The baby weighed 8 pounds and eight ounces (3.8 kilograms).
The newborn is 12th in line to the throne, and the palace said her name will be released later. Peter Phillips was present at the birth, which took place at Gloucestershire Royal Hospital.
The queen, her husband Prince Philip, and Autumn Phillips` family "are delighted with the news," the palace said in a statement.
Peter Phillips, 33, the queen`s oldest grandchild, is the son of Princess Anne and her first husband Mark Phillips. He and his younger sister, Zara Phillips, are among the most low-profile members of the royal family, and they are the only ones among the queen`s eight grandchildren not to hold royal titles. Princess Anne turned down her mother`s offer of the honors for her two children.
Peter Phillips married Montreal-born Autumn in May 2008 at Windsor Castle.
His sister, Zara Phillips, announced earlier this month that she is engaged to rugby player Mike Tindall.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional