Queen Elizabeth II becomes great grandmother
London: Queen Elizabeth was delighted with the birth of her first great-grandchild, Buckingham Palace said on Thursday.
Autumn Phillips, wife of the queen`s grandson, Peter Phillips, gave birth to a baby girl on Wednesday, the palace said. The baby weighed 8 pounds and eight ounces (3.8 kilograms).
The newborn is 12th in line to the throne, and the palace said her name will be released later. Peter Phillips was present at the birth, which took place at Gloucestershire Royal Hospital.
The queen, her husband Prince Philip, and Autumn Phillips` family "are delighted with the news," the palace said in a statement.
Peter Phillips, 33, the queen`s oldest grandchild, is the son of Princess Anne and her first husband Mark Phillips. He and his younger sister, Zara Phillips, are among the most low-profile members of the royal family, and they are the only ones among the queen`s eight grandchildren not to hold royal titles. Princess Anne turned down her mother`s offer of the honors for her two children.
Peter Phillips married Montreal-born Autumn in May 2008 at Windsor Castle.
His sister, Zara Phillips, announced earlier this month that she is engaged to rugby player Mike Tindall.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!