Queen Elizabeth II creates history with 3D Christmas message
London: Queen Elizabeth II has scripted history by becoming the first UK royal to broadcast in 3D the traditional Christmas message.
The Queen praised the "army of volunteers" at the Diamond Jubilee and the Olympic and Paralympic Games.
It is the first time the message is filmed at Buckingham Palace - was recorded in 3D yesterday. Viewers needed special glasses to watch the monarch in all her technological glory.
The 86-year-old monarch`s 3D broadcast message was interspersed with footage from the large-scale UK events of 2012, `BBC News` reported.
In her Christmas message, she said it was striking to see the "friendship" of so many people who marked her Jubilee, particularly during the river pageant.
The Queen gave her first Christmas message in 1952 and her first live television broadcast on Christmas Day 1957. The tradition began with her grandfather George V in 1932, when he delivered a radio broadcast written by Rudyard Kipling.
She said the 1,000-vessel pageant on the Thames - on a wet, cold June day - showed a "determination to celebrate triumphing over the elements".
She earlier attended Christmas service at St Mary Magdalene Church in Norfolk.
Her husband, sons and daughter, and many grandchildren, accompanied the Queen to church. Afterwards she received bouquets of flowers and spoke to about 70 children who had waited outside for her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing