Queen Elizabeth II goes 3D for Christmas message
London: She made her acting debut at the London Olympics. Now Queen Elizabeth II is hitting the screen again in 3D.
Buckingham Palace says the monarch was "ready to embrace something new" for her annual Christmas broadcast in honour of her Diamond Jubilee year 60 years on the throne.
The 86-year-old monarch has made a prerecorded Christmas broadcast on radio since 1952 and on television since 1957.
She writes the speeches herself, and the broadcasts mark the rare occasions in which the queen voices her own opinion without government consultation.
The palace said the queen has watched the broadcast and found it "absolutely lovely."
It airs at 3 pm on Christmas Day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble