Queen hiring help to wash royal dishes for £14k per year
London: The Queen is looking to hire someone to travel around her royal residences to wash her dishes, it has been revealed.
The successful applicant will be based at Buckingham Palace but must accompany the royals on trips to Windsor, Sandringham, Balmoral and Holyroodhouse, the Mirror reported.
The General Catering Assistant (Wash Up) – as it is formally described – will earn 14,200 pounds a year for a 40-hour week, working mainly in the Royal Household’s staff restaurant but washing royal dishes too.
The job advert on the royal website reads: “You must be willing to work away from London for up to three months of the year.”
Candidates must be punctual, reliable and able to work as part of a team. Experience of a similar job is desirable.
The job, which includes accommodation, will be paid from the Civil List.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- This is how Dr APJ Abdul Kalam looked when he was a kid!
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites
- 'Idiots are lined up at every step': Young IAS officer's fight against sexual harassment
- Which Kapoor does Katrina like the most besides beau Ranbir?