Queen tells Kate to `hurry up` on UK royal baby
London: Britain`s Queen Elizabeth has asked Kate Middleton to get a move on with her pregnancy as she wants to go on a summer holiday.
The Duchess of Cambridge was due to give birth to her and Prince William`s first child at the weekend, but has kept the world waiting for any news of the Queen`s third great grandchild, who will also be third in line to the throne.
During a visit to Cumbria earlier today, the Queen was asked by a little girl in the audience whether she was hoping it would be a boy or a girl, tow which she replied: "I don`t really mind. I hope it arrives soon because I`m going on holiday!"
The Queen, 87, is set to head to Balmoral for her annual summer break at the end of next week, which leaves the Duchess of Cambridge with just eight days to give birth to her tot, British newspaper Daily Express reported.
The British royals traditionally spend the summer at their Scottish estate in Balmoral.
Although Kate`s due date was never released, it was revealed that she was expected to give birth "mid-July."
Kate, 31, has been admitted at St Mary`s hospital here.
Meanwhile, the Duchess of Cornwall has revealed that the royal family are expecting William and Kate`s baby to be with us by the end of the week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hot alert! Shruti Hassan looks incredibly sexy on the cover of GQ magazine – See pic
- Awwdorable! Salman Khan shares picture of mother Salma and baby Ahil
- Look what Ranveer Singh is doing for ‘Befikre’
- Premier League: Leicester City clinch historic title after Eden Hazard`s stunning late goal vs Tottenham Hotspur
- EPL: Jamie Vardy, Riyad Mahrez and other key players who played major roles in Leicester City`s title success