Queen`s top bodyguard suspended after gunshot blunder
London: The Queen`s top bodyguard has been suspended from duty after accidentally firing a shot inside the royal palace.
The loaded gun went off as SAS-trained Ian Boyes was cleaning it. He was alone and off duty.
The blunder at Holyroodhouse came just hours before the pope`s visit there on September 16 to meet the Queen.
"As is routine in this type of incident, the officer was removed from firearms duty and an internal inquiry undertaken. The officer has completed the re-accreditation process and has resumed firearms duty," News of the World quoted a Scotland Yard spokesman as saying.
It is the first time an officer of such senior rank has been removed from duty for such an incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state