Quran-burning pastor wants to be US president
Washington: US’ Quran-burning pastor Terry Jones announced his plans to run for the country`s president next year, ABC News reported.
"Jones says he has begun raising funds, but would not disclose how much. He said he`s looking into getting on the ballot and will likely run as an independent," ABC reported.
Jones wanted to burn a copy of the Islamic holy book during the last year`s anniversary of the September 11 attacks.
But he backed down under intense pressure, including interventions from President Barack Obama, who warned that such a stunt would endanger American lives.
However, he supervised the burning of the Islamic holy book at a church in Florida March 20. The move sparked major unrest in the southern Afghan city of Kandahar, in which over 100 people were killed, including 10 members of a UN mission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie