Radical Muslim cleric fueled Boston bomber`s jihad
New York: The Boston Marathon bombing suspect, who was killed in a shootout with the police, was reportedly a fan of a radical Australian Muslim cleric, who despises Harry Potter and preaches that rape victims only have themselves to blame.
The suspect, Tamerlan Tsarnaev, had posted a YouTube video of a 2007 British documentary called ` Undercover Mosque’, which shows the cleric Sheik Feiz Mohammad encouraging children to have a zeal for jihad and become martyrs for Islam, the New York Post reports.
The report also said that Tsarnaev and the controversial sheik had at least one thing in common: both were boxers.
According to the report, Mohammad had said that he had raged at a man who had allowed his children to watch a Harry Potter movie, saying that the film glorifies and promotes paganism and evil like casting spells, learning magic, brewing potions and learning how to predict the future.
The fiery cleric had also told an audience that a rape victim has `no one to blame but herself’ as she displayed her beauty to the entire world, in a sermon about rape in 2005.
According to the cleric, skirts, translucent blouses, miniskirts, tight jeans and strapless, sleeveless dresses of a women are meant to tease a man and appeal to his carnal nature.’
Mohammad had also spoken out against Jews, terming them `pigs having the most extreme racial pride`, for which he had later apologised.
Mohammad, who was a boxer, a bodybuilder and a horse trainer in his youth, had studied Islamic law in Saudi Arabia, after which he founded the Global Islamic Youth Center and became a rising radical star, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report