Radioactive material seized from Russian teacher
Moscow: A college teacher was arrested after a large amount of radioactive substances was found at his home, Russia`s interior ministry said Monday.
A total of 14 kg of "dangerous substances" were discovered in an apartment and garage belonging to the teacher, 35, whose name was not disclosed.
A criminal case has been opened on charges of "illegal handling of nuclear materials or radioactive substances", which carries a prison sentence of up to seven years.
The ministry, however, did not elaborate on the nature of the substances or their origin.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!