Radioactive material seized from Russian teacher
Moscow: A college teacher was arrested after a large amount of radioactive substances was found at his home, Russia`s interior ministry said Monday.
A total of 14 kg of "dangerous substances" were discovered in an apartment and garage belonging to the teacher, 35, whose name was not disclosed.
A criminal case has been opened on charges of "illegal handling of nuclear materials or radioactive substances", which carries a prison sentence of up to seven years.
The ministry, however, did not elaborate on the nature of the substances or their origin.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!