`Rage against US` motivated Kampala bombing `mastermind`
Kampala: The suspected mastermind of the
July 11 bomb attacks in Kampala said today he was driven by
"rage against the Americans" as Ugandan authorities declared
all suspects in the blasts had been arrested.
Issa Ahmed Ruyima said he was a member of Somalia`s
Islamist insurgent group Shebab, which has claimed
responsibility for the double suicide blasts that killed 76
people on the evening of the football World Cup final.
"I joined Al Shebab in 2009," said Ruyima, 33, who stated
that he was responsible for sourcing bomb-making material, and
added that he had been motivated by his "rage against the
"I am very sorry for the loss of life that happened
because of my actions," he said.
Ruyima was among four suspects, all Ugandans, presented
to the media in Kampala at a press conference where the
authorities declared that all suspects in East Africa`s worst
bomb attacks in nearly 12 years had been arrested.
"We promised the public that we would hunt down the
perpetrators... We have kept our promise," James Mugira, head
of military intelligence, told reporters.
"We have apprehended all those responsible for the
planning and execution of these cowardly attacks."
Suicide attackers blew themselves up in two entertainment
venues in Kampala which were packed with fans watching the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged