Raids across Europe against human trafficking
London: At least 26 people were arrested as dozens of coordinated raids were carried out Wednesday across Britain, France and Belgium against a human trafficking network, BBC reported.
UK Border Agency (UKBA) officers raided 35 addresses in England and Scotland, while 40 raids were carried out in France and Belgium.
More than 150 UKBA officers joined the crackdown on gangs trafficking illegal migrants.
Many of the immigrants were reportedly from Iraq, Iran and Afghanistan.
"We believe this to be one of the biggest operations of its kind ever undertaken in Britain, involving officers the length and breadth of the country," UKBA`s Chris Foster was quoted as saying.
In Britain, raids took place in London, Hampshire, Peterborough, Birmingham, Coventry, Smethwick, Leamington Spa, Stoke-on-Trent, Manchester, Sheffield, Lancashire and Glasgow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy