Raids across Europe against human trafficking
London: At least 26 people were arrested as dozens of coordinated raids were carried out Wednesday across Britain, France and Belgium against a human trafficking network, BBC reported.
UK Border Agency (UKBA) officers raided 35 addresses in England and Scotland, while 40 raids were carried out in France and Belgium.
More than 150 UKBA officers joined the crackdown on gangs trafficking illegal migrants.
Many of the immigrants were reportedly from Iraq, Iran and Afghanistan.
"We believe this to be one of the biggest operations of its kind ever undertaken in Britain, involving officers the length and breadth of the country," UKBA`s Chris Foster was quoted as saying.
In Britain, raids took place in London, Hampshire, Peterborough, Birmingham, Coventry, Smethwick, Leamington Spa, Stoke-on-Trent, Manchester, Sheffield, Lancashire and Glasgow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- ‘Kabali’ mania grips nation: Here’s why Rajinikanth is the one and only Thalaiva
- 1st Test, Day 1: Virat Kohli's brilliant ton puts India on top against West Indies
- Former Portugal prime minister Guterres front runner to be next UN chief
- Asian markets sink as stimulus hopes rolled back