Raids across Europe against human trafficking
London: At least 26 people were arrested as dozens of coordinated raids were carried out Wednesday across Britain, France and Belgium against a human trafficking network, BBC reported.
UK Border Agency (UKBA) officers raided 35 addresses in England and Scotland, while 40 raids were carried out in France and Belgium.
More than 150 UKBA officers joined the crackdown on gangs trafficking illegal migrants.
Many of the immigrants were reportedly from Iraq, Iran and Afghanistan.
"We believe this to be one of the biggest operations of its kind ever undertaken in Britain, involving officers the length and breadth of the country," UKBA`s Chris Foster was quoted as saying.
In Britain, raids took place in London, Hampshire, Peterborough, Birmingham, Coventry, Smethwick, Leamington Spa, Stoke-on-Trent, Manchester, Sheffield, Lancashire and Glasgow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened