Raids across Europe against human trafficking
London: At least 26 people were arrested as dozens of coordinated raids were carried out Wednesday across Britain, France and Belgium against a human trafficking network, BBC reported.
UK Border Agency (UKBA) officers raided 35 addresses in England and Scotland, while 40 raids were carried out in France and Belgium.
More than 150 UKBA officers joined the crackdown on gangs trafficking illegal migrants.
Many of the immigrants were reportedly from Iraq, Iran and Afghanistan.
"We believe this to be one of the biggest operations of its kind ever undertaken in Britain, involving officers the length and breadth of the country," UKBA`s Chris Foster was quoted as saying.
In Britain, raids took place in London, Hampshire, Peterborough, Birmingham, Coventry, Smethwick, Leamington Spa, Stoke-on-Trent, Manchester, Sheffield, Lancashire and Glasgow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past