Rainstorms affect 1.97 lakh people in China
Beijing: Severe rainstorms have battered east China`s Jiangxi Province, affecting about 1.97 lakh people, displacing over 6,000 residents and destroying crops, officials said.
The heavy rain, which started on Tuesday, has affected 26 counties in Jiangxi, the provincial flood prevention and drought control headquarters said.
Local governments have relocated 6,019 residents to avoid potential risks, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
The downpours have also damaged or destroyed 202 houses and ruined 16,710 hectares of crops, as well as causing high water levels of rivers and lakes, and several landslides.
Flood prevention authorities in Jiangxi warned of floods on Thursday due to the rising rivers and lakes.
The headquarters also ordered several reservoirs in the province to release water as levels had gone over or were approaching alarm lines because of the heavy rain.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister