Rainstorms affect 1.97 lakh people in China
Beijing: Severe rainstorms have battered east China`s Jiangxi Province, affecting about 1.97 lakh people, displacing over 6,000 residents and destroying crops, officials said.
The heavy rain, which started on Tuesday, has affected 26 counties in Jiangxi, the provincial flood prevention and drought control headquarters said.
Local governments have relocated 6,019 residents to avoid potential risks, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
The downpours have also damaged or destroyed 202 houses and ruined 16,710 hectares of crops, as well as causing high water levels of rivers and lakes, and several landslides.
Flood prevention authorities in Jiangxi warned of floods on Thursday due to the rising rivers and lakes.
The headquarters also ordered several reservoirs in the province to release water as levels had gone over or were approaching alarm lines because of the heavy rain.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read