Rainstorms in China leave 18 dead
Beijing: Rainstorms have killed 18 people and left another missing in China`s Guizhou province in the last 10 days, said authorities.
Torrential rains have triggered floods, mudslides and landslides in mountainous regions, Xinhua quoted the Civil Affairs Bureau of Guizhou as saying.
According to statistics released by the bureau, over 2.30 million people in 69 counties, cities and districts across the province have been affected by the heavy rains. A total of 89,600 hectares of crops have been damaged and 1,172 houses have collapsed.
The rains have caused estimated direct economic losses of about 1.40 billion yuan (over $215 million), it said.
Meteorological stations have predicted that the rains will continue upto July 24.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Baaghi tweet review: First day first show!
- EPF interest rate: Nationwide protest by trade unions today
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput get holiday vibes! See inside
- Priyanka Chopra's dinner date with 'Baywatch' cast! View in pic
- Updated WhatsApp with 'call back', voice mail, video calling features coming soon!