Rainstorms in China leave 18 dead
Beijing: Rainstorms have killed 18 people and left another missing in China`s Guizhou province in the last 10 days, said authorities.
Torrential rains have triggered floods, mudslides and landslides in mountainous regions, Xinhua quoted the Civil Affairs Bureau of Guizhou as saying.
According to statistics released by the bureau, over 2.30 million people in 69 counties, cities and districts across the province have been affected by the heavy rains. A total of 89,600 hectares of crops have been damaged and 1,172 houses have collapsed.
The rains have caused estimated direct economic losses of about 1.40 billion yuan (over $215 million), it said.
Meteorological stations have predicted that the rains will continue upto July 24.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth