Rainstorms in China leave 18 dead
Beijing: Rainstorms have killed 18 people and left another missing in China`s Guizhou province in the last 10 days, said authorities.
Torrential rains have triggered floods, mudslides and landslides in mountainous regions, Xinhua quoted the Civil Affairs Bureau of Guizhou as saying.
According to statistics released by the bureau, over 2.30 million people in 69 counties, cities and districts across the province have been affected by the heavy rains. A total of 89,600 hectares of crops have been damaged and 1,172 houses have collapsed.
The rains have caused estimated direct economic losses of about 1.40 billion yuan (over $215 million), it said.
Meteorological stations have predicted that the rains will continue upto July 24.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested