Ramirez released by Irish police, radicalises son
New York: An American woman, Jamie
Paulin-Ramirez, arrested for allegedly plotting to kill
Swedish cartoonist Lars Vilks for his derogatory depection of
Prophet Mohammed, was released from custody in Ireland.
The Irish police have arrested seven people in this
connection out of which three are Algerians, while one each
from Libya, Palestine, Croatia and the US. Four of them have
been reportedly released from custody.
The cartoon which depicts the head of Prophet Mohammed on
a dog`s body and has angered Muslims around the globe. An
al Qaeda group in Iraq has placed USD 100,000 bounty on Vilks`
Three other suspects including Ramirez`s husband, an
Algerian, and another woman Colleen Larose, who uses online
name `Jihad Jane` are still in custody for the same case,
according to ABC news.
Authorities have said Ramirez`s trip to Ireland may have
been motivated by love for the Algerian Muslim man she married
rather than terror ambitions.
Ramirez, a former nursing student, moved to Ireland in
October along with her a six-year-old son who is in state
The New York Post reported that her family which
hails from Colarado in the US revealed that Ramirez had been
radicalising the toddler as well.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional