Rana sentencing classic examples of US justice working: Nuland
Washington: The sentencing of Pakistani-Canadian Tahawwur Rana by a Chicago court is a classic example of the working of US justice system, a top American official said today.
52-year-old Rana, an accomplice of Mumbai attack terrorist David Headley, was sentenced on Thursday to 14 years in jail followed by five years of supervised release for providing material support to Pakistan-based LeT and for backing a "dastardly" plot to attack a Danish newspaper.
"This is a classic example of US justice working. He was brought to trial, he was convicted," State Department spokesperson Victoria Nuland told reporters.
The Chicago court is scheduled to announce sentencing of Rana`s childhood friend Headley on January 24.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman