Rana sentencing classic examples of US justice working: Nuland
Washington: The sentencing of Pakistani-Canadian Tahawwur Rana by a Chicago court is a classic example of the working of US justice system, a top American official said today.
52-year-old Rana, an accomplice of Mumbai attack terrorist David Headley, was sentenced on Thursday to 14 years in jail followed by five years of supervised release for providing material support to Pakistan-based LeT and for backing a "dastardly" plot to attack a Danish newspaper.
"This is a classic example of US justice working. He was brought to trial, he was convicted," State Department spokesperson Victoria Nuland told reporters.
The Chicago court is scheduled to announce sentencing of Rana`s childhood friend Headley on January 24.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- 2016 Hyundai Elantra: Check out features and specifications
- Institute of Company Secretaries of India Result 2016; Check icsi.edu for ICSI CS Executive Result 2016 declared
- Avoid getting sick this monsoon with these top health tips!
- Child swept away in water, parts of Malda face flood fury
- A Flying Jatt movie review: Tiger Shroff as a desi superhero is adorable enough to emerge as children's favourite