Rana sentencing classic examples of US justice working: Nuland
Washington: The sentencing of Pakistani-Canadian Tahawwur Rana by a Chicago court is a classic example of the working of US justice system, a top American official said today.
52-year-old Rana, an accomplice of Mumbai attack terrorist David Headley, was sentenced on Thursday to 14 years in jail followed by five years of supervised release for providing material support to Pakistan-based LeT and for backing a "dastardly" plot to attack a Danish newspaper.
"This is a classic example of US justice working. He was brought to trial, he was convicted," State Department spokesperson Victoria Nuland told reporters.
The Chicago court is scheduled to announce sentencing of Rana`s childhood friend Headley on January 24.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP