Rapping American-born terrorist accused of plagiarizing lyrics
New York: Omar Hammami, one of the most notorious Americans to join an Al Qaeda affiliate, who is already on the FBI’s most-wanted terrorist list, is now accused of a different sort of crime - plagiarizing his rap lyrics.
Hammami, who now goes by the name Abu Mansour al-Amriki (The American), released a series of rap songs over the past few years that are now being attributed to another American-born Islamic extremist, reports the New York Daily News.
The accusations are apparently coming from his former best buddies at Al Shabab, the terrorist organization that helped launch Abu Mansour to international fame.
Abu Mansour left his home in Daphne, Alabama in 2005 or 2006. He quickly became a high-profile member at Al Shabab, acting as the organization``s English-speaking mouthpiece.
Two years ago, the rapping terrorist released "Send Me a Cruise" (cruise missile) and "Make Jihad With Me" - meant to attract more American-born recruits.
Both of these songs are violent calls to battle.
According to a report, an alleged former colleague named Abu Hamza Al-Muhajir, calls Abu Mansour out on his Islamic vocal music.
Al-Muhajir also claims Hammami is a narcissistic complainer, and added that Abu Mansour is often at the centre of his own universe-a brittle mental construct of his own making.
The @AbuMAmerican Twitter account, often associated with Hammami, didn’t deny the alleged plagiarism. Al-Muhajir’s attack on Hammami is more evidence that Abu Mansour’s relationship with the Al Shabab organization is slowly disintegrating.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview