Rapping American-born terrorist accused of plagiarizing lyrics
New York: Omar Hammami, one of the most notorious Americans to join an Al Qaeda affiliate, who is already on the FBI’s most-wanted terrorist list, is now accused of a different sort of crime - plagiarizing his rap lyrics.
Hammami, who now goes by the name Abu Mansour al-Amriki (The American), released a series of rap songs over the past few years that are now being attributed to another American-born Islamic extremist, reports the New York Daily News.
The accusations are apparently coming from his former best buddies at Al Shabab, the terrorist organization that helped launch Abu Mansour to international fame.
Abu Mansour left his home in Daphne, Alabama in 2005 or 2006. He quickly became a high-profile member at Al Shabab, acting as the organization``s English-speaking mouthpiece.
Two years ago, the rapping terrorist released "Send Me a Cruise" (cruise missile) and "Make Jihad With Me" - meant to attract more American-born recruits.
Both of these songs are violent calls to battle.
According to a report, an alleged former colleague named Abu Hamza Al-Muhajir, calls Abu Mansour out on his Islamic vocal music.
Al-Muhajir also claims Hammami is a narcissistic complainer, and added that Abu Mansour is often at the centre of his own universe-a brittle mental construct of his own making.
The @AbuMAmerican Twitter account, often associated with Hammami, didn’t deny the alleged plagiarism. Al-Muhajir’s attack on Hammami is more evidence that Abu Mansour’s relationship with the Al Shabab organization is slowly disintegrating.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth