Ratko Mladic refuses to plead
United Nations: Former Bosnian Serb Army
chief Ratko Mladic has refused to enter a guilt plea tribunal
for Yugoslavia (ICTY) at The Hague, describing the war crime
charges against him as "obnoxious".
69-year-old Mladic also told the court he was "gravely
Mladic faces 11 charges of genocide, crimes against
humanity and war crimes. He is accused of masterminding the
Srebrenica massacre of 8,000 Muslim men and boys.
According to the indictment, Mladic committed these
and other crimes as part of a joint criminal enterprise whose
objective was to eliminate or permanently remove Bosnian
Muslim, Bosnian Croat and other non-Serb inhabitants from
large areas of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Mladic told the court he need more time to consider
the "obnoxious" charges, according to the UN News Service.
Mladic said he was "a gravely ill man" and needed more
time to study the "monstrous words" in the indictment before
entering a plea.
He was transferred to the Tribunal`s custody on
Tuesday. The court set July 4 as the date for the next
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past