Ratko Mladic refuses to plead
United Nations: Former Bosnian Serb Army
chief Ratko Mladic has refused to enter a guilt plea tribunal
for Yugoslavia (ICTY) at The Hague, describing the war crime
charges against him as "obnoxious".
69-year-old Mladic also told the court he was "gravely
Mladic faces 11 charges of genocide, crimes against
humanity and war crimes. He is accused of masterminding the
Srebrenica massacre of 8,000 Muslim men and boys.
According to the indictment, Mladic committed these
and other crimes as part of a joint criminal enterprise whose
objective was to eliminate or permanently remove Bosnian
Muslim, Bosnian Croat and other non-Serb inhabitants from
large areas of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Mladic told the court he need more time to consider
the "obnoxious" charges, according to the UN News Service.
Mladic said he was "a gravely ill man" and needed more
time to study the "monstrous words" in the indictment before
entering a plea.
He was transferred to the Tribunal`s custody on
Tuesday. The court set July 4 as the date for the next
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH