Raul Castro issues stern warning to entrepreneurs
Havana: President Raul Castro has issued a stern warning to entrepreneurs pushing the boundaries of Cuba`s economic reform, saying "those pressuring us to move faster are moving us toward failure."
Castro has legalised small-scale private business in nearly 200 fields since 2010 but has issued tighter regulations on businesses seeing as going too far or competing excessively with state enterprises.
In recent months the government has banned the resale of imported hardware and clothes and cracked down on unlicensed private videogame and movie salons.
Castro threw his full weight behind such measures in an address to the biannual meeting of parliament Saturday, saying "every step we take must be accompanied by the establishment of a sense of order." He blamed inadequate government controls for "creating an environment of impunity."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- It's a Black Hole Friday for NASA!
- Shocking! Anurag Basu feels Salman Khan is ‘boring’?
- Kapil Sharma organises ‘wedding’ ceremony for married Harbhajan Singh, Geeta Basra?
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife