Rebels kill Syrian Air Force general
Syria: A senior Syrian Air Force general, Mahmoud al-Khalidi was shot dead by the rebels in a Damascus suburb, as per state television reports quoted by the BBC.
The incident took place late on Monday in the capital`s Rukn al-Din district.
The rebels have already attacked a lot of high-level figures from President Bashar al-Assad`s administration. This recent blow will surely hurt the Syrian government.
Earlier in July, the country`s defence minister, Assef Shawkat was also killed by a rebel bomb. Assef Shawkat was Assad`s brother-in-law.
"As part of their campaign to target national personalities and scientists, armed terrorist groups assassinated Air Force General Abdullah Mahmud al-Khalidi in the Damascus district of Rukn al-Din," the broadcaster said.
It added that he was one of Syria`s foremost experts in aviation.
He was also a member of the Syrian Air Force command, Agence France Presse reports.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday