Recession-hit Spain distributes $3.4 bln in Christmas lottery
New York: The country of Spain, which is currently going through a financial crisis, has handed out 3.4 billion dollars in the annual and world’s richest Christmas lottery.
“El Gordo” or the “Fat One”, the lottery’s top prize of 546,200 dollars went to 27-year-old mechanic Raul Clavero and four other members of his family who had also bought tickets with the same winning numbers, the New York Daily News reported.
Unlike other lotteries that offer one large top prize, Spain’s lottery offers thousands of dollars to multiple ticketholders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list