Recession-hit Spain distributes $3.4 bln in Christmas lottery
New York: The country of Spain, which is currently going through a financial crisis, has handed out 3.4 billion dollars in the annual and world’s richest Christmas lottery.
“El Gordo” or the “Fat One”, the lottery’s top prize of 546,200 dollars went to 27-year-old mechanic Raul Clavero and four other members of his family who had also bought tickets with the same winning numbers, the New York Daily News reported.
Unlike other lotteries that offer one large top prize, Spain’s lottery offers thousands of dollars to multiple ticketholders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000