Reconciliation road map to be complete by year end: Thai PM
Bangkok: Urging all Thais to join his reform
efforts, Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva has said the
national reconciliation road map will be complete by the year
end as a New Year`s gift to countrymen.
Everyone was deeply hurt by what has happened in the
country, the casualties and losses, all of which were caused
by the Thai people themselves, the prime minister said in a
nationally televised address.
The premier said Thailand must move forward, but the
future of the country cannot be built upon anger, hatred and
resentment. The government alone cannot reform the country,
but every person must take part.
"It is time now that we will help rebuild our home. I
invite every Thai to start reforming Thailand, with confidence
of all Thais," Vejjajiva said.
The premier however said some sectors have already begun
their work for national reconciliation and reform.
"No matter who you are, where you live, what political
view you have," the prime minister said, "I reaffirm that
today we are ready to let them be a part of this move and I
urge the public to follow the news about how they can get
involved with this historic process."
Vejjajiva said the reconciliation process will solve the
problems and reform structures which may take longer than the
tenure of his government, but he wants to have a clear plan
within this year in order to get the country out of the crisis
and violence and to become a New Year`s gift for the Thai
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray