`Recovering` Boston bombing suspect now walking
London: Surviving Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev is recovering and has started to walk, his mother has said.
In an interview to an international news agency, Zubeidat Tsarnaeva said her son told her during a telephonic conversation that he and his brother, killed in a police manhunt after the blasts, were innocent.
According to the BBC, Tsarnaev, who was shot and injured during the manhunt, is currently being held in a prison hospital.
Zubeidat said that it was the first conversation she had had with son since he has been held in custody.
The Tsarnaev family has continued to claim that their son is innocent.
The Boston Marathon bombings on April 15 left three people dead and more than 260 others injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price