`Recovering` Boston bombing suspect now walking
London: Surviving Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev is recovering and has started to walk, his mother has said.
In an interview to an international news agency, Zubeidat Tsarnaeva said her son told her during a telephonic conversation that he and his brother, killed in a police manhunt after the blasts, were innocent.
According to the BBC, Tsarnaev, who was shot and injured during the manhunt, is currently being held in a prison hospital.
Zubeidat said that it was the first conversation she had had with son since he has been held in custody.
The Tsarnaev family has continued to claim that their son is innocent.
The Boston Marathon bombings on April 15 left three people dead and more than 260 others injured.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- India deeply appreciates US' engagement in Asia-Pacific: Ashton Carter
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi had admitted to meeting middleman Haschke
- F-16 fighter jets sold to Pakistan could be used against India: US lawmakers
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative