`Recovering` Boston bombing suspect now walking
London: Surviving Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev is recovering and has started to walk, his mother has said.
In an interview to an international news agency, Zubeidat Tsarnaeva said her son told her during a telephonic conversation that he and his brother, killed in a police manhunt after the blasts, were innocent.
According to the BBC, Tsarnaev, who was shot and injured during the manhunt, is currently being held in a prison hospital.
Zubeidat said that it was the first conversation she had had with son since he has been held in custody.
The Tsarnaev family has continued to claim that their son is innocent.
The Boston Marathon bombings on April 15 left three people dead and more than 260 others injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog