Red Cross says aid convoy arrives in Syria`s Homs
Geneva: A Red Cross convoy carrying life-saving aid has reached the Syrian city of Homs and is about to enter the shattered district of Baba Amro, the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) told a news agency on Friday.
"We are in Homs preparing to enter Baba Amro," ICRC chief spokeswoman Carla Haddad told Reuters in Geneva.
Earlier, the ICRC said that its convoy of 7 trucks loaded with food and other relief supplies was heading from the capital Damascus to Homs where volunteers and ambulances of the Syrian Arab Red Crescent were waiting to enter the district together.
The aim was to start delivering vital aid and evacuating the sick or wounded needing medical attention.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part IV
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Watch: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's Punjabi swag in 'Tung Luk' from 'Sarbjit' will win your heart
- Patna's first mall 'P&M' may shut down soon: Report
- '10% rise in China apparel prices to create 1.2 million Indian jobs'
- Sensitive people more vulnerable to online dating scams
- 40 cities to be selected in second round of smart city project: Govt