Refrain from statements denigrating Dalai Lama: US to China
Washington: Asking China to refrain from making statements that denigrate the Dalai Lama and Tibet`s unique cultural, linguistic and religious traditions, the United States has said the Tibetans be permitted to express their grievances freely.
"We have asked the Chinese Government to refrain from statements that denigrate the Dalai Lama and Tibet`s unique cultural, linguistic, and religious traditions," State Department spokesman, Patrick Ventrell, told reporters at his daily news conference on Thursday.
"Our lines and our policy (on Tibet) have not changed. We continue to call on the Chinese Government to permit Tibetans to express their grievances freely, publicly, peacefully and without fear of retribution," he said in response to a question.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing