Refugees die in boat accident off Spanish coast
Granada: Five African refugees including two babies died in a boat accident about 80 km south of Motril on the southern Spanish coast, officials said on Saturday evening.
The boat, which foundered at sea, was carrying 40 passengers and was thought to have come from Morocco.
The boat started rocking as the coast guard came near with its rescue ship and some of the refugees stood up. Two men, a woman and the two small babies drowned.
The other refugees were brought to land and seen to by doctors, then sent to a refugee intake centre.
A second boat with 36 illegal immigrants on board was stopped near Almeria just hours before the boat accident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state