Relationship with Pak important but complex: WH
Washington: The United State`s relationship with Pakistan is very important but is complex
and very often complicated, the White House has said.
"The relationship that the US has with Pakistan is very important, it`s complex and it`s sometimes complicated," said Jay Carney, the White House Press Secretary.
"But it is vital to our national security interests, and maintaining that cooperative relationship is a high priority precisely because it is in the interests of the US and the American people that we do maintain that relationship," he told reporters.
Carney said the relationship had led to some very important achievements in the war against al Qaedaand the war against terrorism in general.
"We look forward to continuing that cooperation with the Pakistani people and Pakistani government," Carney said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- APJ Abdul Kalam: Not Hindu, Not Muslim – Death of an 'Indian'
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India