Remains of UK-based Indian journalist consigned to flames
London: The mortal remains of London-based Indian freelance journalist, Manab Majumdar, were consigned to flames here.
Several members of the Indian Journalists Association attended the funeral yesterday at the Golders Green Crematorium.
In a moving tribute, Manab`s son, Sanjay Majumdar, BBC correspondent in India said: "My father would not have wanted you to grieve but to celebrate his life."
Manab, 73, died in his sleep in the early hours on January 4, and is survived by his son Sanjay.
Manab had worked for India Weekly for quite some time and recently he was working for CitiBank. He was also associated with the India League and voluntary agency CARE.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi