Remains of UK-based Indian journalist consigned to flames
London: The mortal remains of London-based Indian freelance journalist, Manab Majumdar, were consigned to flames here.
Several members of the Indian Journalists Association attended the funeral yesterday at the Golders Green Crematorium.
In a moving tribute, Manab`s son, Sanjay Majumdar, BBC correspondent in India said: "My father would not have wanted you to grieve but to celebrate his life."
Manab, 73, died in his sleep in the early hours on January 4, and is survived by his son Sanjay.
Manab had worked for India Weekly for quite some time and recently he was working for CitiBank. He was also associated with the India League and voluntary agency CARE.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- LIVE: Jallikattu protests turn violent, vehicles near Ice House Police station set on fire
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog