Remains of US school gunman claimed for burial
Hartford: The body of the man who killed 26 people in the second largest school shooting in US history has been claimed for burial.
Connecticut Medical Examiner Wayne H Carver II tells the Hartford Courant newspaper that the remains of Adam Lanza were claimed several days ago by someone who wanted to remain anonymous.
A spokeswoman at Carver`s office told The Associated Press she could not release details.
The 20-year-old Lanza killed 20 children and six adults at a Connecticut school on December 14. He also killed his mother before going on the rampage and then killed himself.
Police have not offered a motive for the killings.
The attack prompted President Barack Obama to push for "real action, right now" on gun violence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Bihar polls: Nitish's minister Kushwaha caught on camera taking bribe, suspended from party post