Remains of US school gunman claimed for burial
Hartford: The body of the man who killed 26 people in the second largest school shooting in US history has been claimed for burial.
Connecticut Medical Examiner Wayne H Carver II tells the Hartford Courant newspaper that the remains of Adam Lanza were claimed several days ago by someone who wanted to remain anonymous.
A spokeswoman at Carver`s office told The Associated Press she could not release details.
The 20-year-old Lanza killed 20 children and six adults at a Connecticut school on December 14. He also killed his mother before going on the rampage and then killed himself.
Police have not offered a motive for the killings.
The attack prompted President Barack Obama to push for "real action, right now" on gun violence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani attempted suicide or big security lapse by jail authorities?
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch