Remains of US school gunman claimed for burial
Hartford: The body of the man who killed 26 people in the second largest school shooting in US history has been claimed for burial.
Connecticut Medical Examiner Wayne H Carver II tells the Hartford Courant newspaper that the remains of Adam Lanza were claimed several days ago by someone who wanted to remain anonymous.
A spokeswoman at Carver`s office told The Associated Press she could not release details.
The 20-year-old Lanza killed 20 children and six adults at a Connecticut school on December 14. He also killed his mother before going on the rampage and then killed himself.
Police have not offered a motive for the killings.
The attack prompted President Barack Obama to push for "real action, right now" on gun violence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars