Renowned climber Humar dies in Himalayas
Ljubljana: A mountain rescue company says that a veteran Slovenian climber has been found dead in the Himalayas after getting injured and stranded.
Gerold Biner, flight operations manager for the respected Swiss Air Zermatt company, says Tomaz Humar`s body was recovered early Saturday.
Humar, 40, last contacted his base on Monday to say that he was injured while climbing 23,710-feet (7,227-meter) Langtang Lirung.
Viki Groselj, a fellow Slovenian mountaineer, says Humar had broken his leg and become stranded on the mountain.
There was no immediate comment from Katmandu. Earlier, rescuers there have said that heavy snow hampered search and rescue efforts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation