Renowned climber Humar dies in Himalayas
Ljubljana: A mountain rescue company says that a veteran Slovenian climber has been found dead in the Himalayas after getting injured and stranded.
Gerold Biner, flight operations manager for the respected Swiss Air Zermatt company, says Tomaz Humar`s body was recovered early Saturday.
Humar, 40, last contacted his base on Monday to say that he was injured while climbing 23,710-feet (7,227-meter) Langtang Lirung.
Viki Groselj, a fellow Slovenian mountaineer, says Humar had broken his leg and become stranded on the mountain.
There was no immediate comment from Katmandu. Earlier, rescuers there have said that heavy snow hampered search and rescue efforts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman