Renowned climber Humar dies in Himalayas
Ljubljana: A mountain rescue company says that a veteran Slovenian climber has been found dead in the Himalayas after getting injured and stranded.
Gerold Biner, flight operations manager for the respected Swiss Air Zermatt company, says Tomaz Humar`s body was recovered early Saturday.
Humar, 40, last contacted his base on Monday to say that he was injured while climbing 23,710-feet (7,227-meter) Langtang Lirung.
Viki Groselj, a fellow Slovenian mountaineer, says Humar had broken his leg and become stranded on the mountain.
There was no immediate comment from Katmandu. Earlier, rescuers there have said that heavy snow hampered search and rescue efforts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh