Repent or quit: Bishops to corrupt African leaders
Vatican City: Bishops attending a Vatican meeting on Africa have told corrupt Catholic leaders in Africa to repent or quit public office and stop wreaking havoc on their countries.
In a blunt final message on Friday, the bishops said Africa needs "saints" in high political office "who will clean the continent of corruption, work for the good of the people," and end the evils of war and poverty that are devastating the continent.
Bishops also condemned non-Catholic leaders and outside foreign interests in war-torn countries, saying "in most cases we are dealing with greed for power and wealth at the expense of the people and nation."
The document didn`t name names, but listed areas of conflict such as the Great Lakes region, Sudan and Guinea.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Ricardo Quaresma heads Portugal into Euro 2016 quarters
- Michael Sheen to make directorial debut in killer movie
- Irish fans eye revenge against France; Germany take on Slovakia; Hungary face Belgium
- IIFA 2016 Fashion Trends: Top 6 looks that nailed it at the green carpet! - View pics
- WATCH: OH MY WORD! Did Xherdan Shaqiri score greatest ever Euro goal?