Repent or quit: Bishops to corrupt African leaders
Vatican City: Bishops attending a Vatican meeting on Africa have told corrupt Catholic leaders in Africa to repent or quit public office and stop wreaking havoc on their countries.
In a blunt final message on Friday, the bishops said Africa needs "saints" in high political office "who will clean the continent of corruption, work for the good of the people," and end the evils of war and poverty that are devastating the continent.
Bishops also condemned non-Catholic leaders and outside foreign interests in war-torn countries, saying "in most cases we are dealing with greed for power and wealth at the expense of the people and nation."
The document didn`t name names, but listed areas of conflict such as the Great Lakes region, Sudan and Guinea.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Kamal Haasan urges agitators to stay calm, says `none can take away your rights`
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog