Repent or quit: Bishops to corrupt African leaders
Vatican City: Bishops attending a Vatican meeting on Africa have told corrupt Catholic leaders in Africa to repent or quit public office and stop wreaking havoc on their countries.
In a blunt final message on Friday, the bishops said Africa needs "saints" in high political office "who will clean the continent of corruption, work for the good of the people," and end the evils of war and poverty that are devastating the continent.
Bishops also condemned non-Catholic leaders and outside foreign interests in war-torn countries, saying "in most cases we are dealing with greed for power and wealth at the expense of the people and nation."
The document didn`t name names, but listed areas of conflict such as the Great Lakes region, Sudan and Guinea.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Lashkar-e-Toiba carried out deadly 2007 Samjhauta Express blasts: NIA to submit this US intel report in court
- JeM planning Pathankot-II with support from Pakistan's ISI, IM, conducting recce of Indian cities: Military intel
- Arijit Singh writes open letter to Salman Khan apologising and requesting him to retain ‘Sultan’ song – Here’s why
- Akshay Kumar with 'Housefull3' gang set to sizzle in saddi Dilli—See selfie!
- Megresults.nic.in & mbose.in HSSLC Results 2016: Meghalaya Board Tura Class 12th Arts exam results 2016 to be announced shortly