Report on Libya’s US consulate attack expected today
Washington: The results of the independent review ordered by US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton into the attack on American consulate in the Libyan city of Benghazi will be presented to the State Department on Monday.
The State Department is expected to get a report on the incident from the independent Advisory Review Board, according to sources in the State Department.
Congress will receive the report from the board ahead of a classified briefing for members on Wednesday by Thomas Pickering, who led the Advisory Review Board, CNN reports.
According to the report, the State Department is also expected to present recommendations on improving security.
That is expected to include an explanation of measures that have already been put in place since the September 11 attack on the consulate, which left four Americans, including US Amb Chris Stevens, dead, the report said.
On Thursday, Deputy Secretaries Bill Burns and Tom Nides will testify about Benghazi before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee and the House Foreign Affairs Committee.
The two are substituting for Clinton, who is recovering from a concussion she suffered after fainting due to dehydration from a stomach virus.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray