Report on Libya’s US consulate attack expected today
Washington: The results of the independent review ordered by US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton into the attack on American consulate in the Libyan city of Benghazi will be presented to the State Department on Monday.
The State Department is expected to get a report on the incident from the independent Advisory Review Board, according to sources in the State Department.
Congress will receive the report from the board ahead of a classified briefing for members on Wednesday by Thomas Pickering, who led the Advisory Review Board, CNN reports.
According to the report, the State Department is also expected to present recommendations on improving security.
That is expected to include an explanation of measures that have already been put in place since the September 11 attack on the consulate, which left four Americans, including US Amb Chris Stevens, dead, the report said.
On Thursday, Deputy Secretaries Bill Burns and Tom Nides will testify about Benghazi before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee and the House Foreign Affairs Committee.
The two are substituting for Clinton, who is recovering from a concussion she suffered after fainting due to dehydration from a stomach virus.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday