Reports of aid suspension to Egypt inaccurate: US
Washington: The United States has said reports of cutting off annual aid to Egypt by the Obama administration were inaccurate, as it is under a review, which has not been concluded yet.
Principal Deputy press secretary Josh Earnest said that the US aid and assistance relationship with Egypt was under a review, but it has not been cut-off.
The Politico earlier quoted an unnamed source as saying that the State Department and Foreign Operations Appropriations Subcommittee was told to stop the transfer of military aid to Egypt. However, it was not clear that how long the decision will last.
National Security Council spokeswoman Caitlin Hayden also denied to the reports of suspension of assistance saying that no policy decisions regarding the remaining assistance have been made as of now.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed