Reports of aid suspension to Egypt inaccurate: US
Washington: The United States has said reports of cutting off annual aid to Egypt by the Obama administration were inaccurate, as it is under a review, which has not been concluded yet.
Principal Deputy press secretary Josh Earnest said that the US aid and assistance relationship with Egypt was under a review, but it has not been cut-off.
The Politico earlier quoted an unnamed source as saying that the State Department and Foreign Operations Appropriations Subcommittee was told to stop the transfer of military aid to Egypt. However, it was not clear that how long the decision will last.
National Security Council spokeswoman Caitlin Hayden also denied to the reports of suspension of assistance saying that no policy decisions regarding the remaining assistance have been made as of now.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre