Reports say Hollande partner leaves hospital
Paris: President Francois Hollande`s partner Valerie Trierweiler had left the hospital she had entered after revelations he had an affair, French media including her employer Paris Match reported Saturday.
Hollande`s office and sources close to Trierweiler refused to comment to AFP about the reports.
Magazine Paris Match and others reported that Trierweiler had left the hospital in mid-afternoon and made her way to the La Lanterne official residence in Versailles to continue her recovery.
Trierweiler, 48, had entered the Pitie Salpetriere hospital last Friday after a gossip magazine reported that Hollande, 59, had been having an affair with 41-year-old actor Julie Gayet.
Trierweiler was described as suffering from nervous exhaustion and low blood pressure.
Hollande`s failure to visit her until Thursday evening fuelled speculation that he has decided to end the relationship with Trierweiler, for whom he left Segolene Royal, the mother of his four children, in 2005.
Paris Match on Friday reported that Trierweiler`s family had been "worried" about her after her 16-year-old son was unable to visit and she did not take calls.
Le Point, a high-brow news magazine, reported Friday that Trierweiler admitted herself to hospital after "taking one pill too many" in despair but ruled out a serious suicide attempt.
Hollande has said he will clarify the position of France`s de facto First Lady before a trip to Washington next month but has refused any further comment on a scandal that has generated global headlines.
On a visit to his political stronghold of Correze today, Hollande faced further calls to clear up the situation in his personal life.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla