Reports say Hollande partner leaves hospital
Paris: President Francois Hollande`s partner Valerie Trierweiler had left the hospital she had entered after revelations he had an affair, French media including her employer Paris Match reported Saturday.
Hollande`s office and sources close to Trierweiler refused to comment to AFP about the reports.
Magazine Paris Match and others reported that Trierweiler had left the hospital in mid-afternoon and made her way to the La Lanterne official residence in Versailles to continue her recovery.
Trierweiler, 48, had entered the Pitie Salpetriere hospital last Friday after a gossip magazine reported that Hollande, 59, had been having an affair with 41-year-old actor Julie Gayet.
Trierweiler was described as suffering from nervous exhaustion and low blood pressure.
Hollande`s failure to visit her until Thursday evening fuelled speculation that he has decided to end the relationship with Trierweiler, for whom he left Segolene Royal, the mother of his four children, in 2005.
Paris Match on Friday reported that Trierweiler`s family had been "worried" about her after her 16-year-old son was unable to visit and she did not take calls.
Le Point, a high-brow news magazine, reported Friday that Trierweiler admitted herself to hospital after "taking one pill too many" in despair but ruled out a serious suicide attempt.
Hollande has said he will clarify the position of France`s de facto First Lady before a trip to Washington next month but has refused any further comment on a scandal that has generated global headlines.
On a visit to his political stronghold of Correze today, Hollande faced further calls to clear up the situation in his personal life.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees