Republican lawmaker says guns are ‘essential to living the way God intended’
Washington: In opposition to US President Barack Obama’s gun control proposal, a California Republican legislator said that guns are ``essential to living the way God intended``.
The legislator, Tim Donnelly, said that guns are used for defending human lives, properties, families and freedom and so are essential for living the way that God has intended, the Huffington Post reports.
Donnelly has also been known to carry guns illegally, the paper added.
Donnelly’s opinion has been disputed by religious groups, who have recently mobilized against guns.
According to Annie-Rose Strasser of ThinkProgress blog, Donnelly’s argument can be disputed by Bible verses pointing to the notion that ``life should focus on family, not firearms``.
Donnelly was detained by the Transportation Security Administration last year for trying to bring a loaded Colt .45 handgun onto a flight.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions